This is the second in my posts on dry rubs and basting sauces for use when roasting meat, it works great regardless of whether you are using a BBQ or an oven. I used it recently on an oven roast chicken along with this dry rub as inspired by http://noblepig.com/.
Again, I take my hat off to the people over at Noble Pig and our own Growchow, you are indeed doing amazing work :).
You will need:
- 1/2 tsp ground rock salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (this stuff is amazing)
- 1 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1/4 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/4 tsp beetroot powder (for colour, I make my own here)
- 2 drops of liquid smoke (mostly because a second drop fell in accidently, yum)
- a small bowl for the sauce
- a fork for mixing
- a basting brush
- Bring all the ingredients together.
- Get distracted by how amazing it looks and smells.
- Mix everything together.
- Baste your chicken.