I think a natural progression from making dry masalas to make curry pastes is making dry rubs for roasting meat. This is the first one I have ever made and I used on an oven roast chicken along with this basting sauce as inspired by http://noblepig.com/.
My hat off to the people over at noblepig.com you are doing amazing work :).
You will need:
- 1 Tbsp ground rock salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black peppercorns
- 1 tsp ground paprika (I used smoked)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1/4 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp beetroot powder (for colour, I make my own here)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- a bowl for the dry rub
- a fork for mixing
- Bring all the ingredients together.
- Get distracted by how amazing it looks and smells.
- Mix everything together.