This simple butterflied chicken marinaded with thyme, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil smells amazing and will wow your family and friends.
If you have time:
- chuck several good slugs of the olive oil and lemon juice into a snap lock bag.
- add the other ingredients (chopped).
- close the bag, mix everything around.
- add the chicken halves, close the bag and massage it for a bit to get the oil etc into every nook and cranny.
- leave it overnight in the fridge or at least 2 hours.
- preheat your oven to 160C and get the chicken out of the fridge.
- cook the chicken in an non-stick oven tray for about 2 hours.
If you don’t have time or forgot to marinade the chicken:
- chuck several good slugs of garlic infused olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl.
- add the other ingredients (chopped but leave out the garlic) and mix with a fork.
- preheat your oven to 160C and get the chicken out of the fridge, season with salt and pepper.
- cook the chicken in an oven tray for about 2 hours, turning and basting with the oil mixture every 15 minutes or so.
Marinaded and already looking good:
Two hours at 160C:
A perfect summer’s day dinner, just add salad and friends:
- see all recipes using chicken here
- see more butterflied chicken posts here
- see see more NoRecipe goodness here