This is a simple chicken roast, marinated in mix of thyme, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. It looks and smells amazing!
Here I have halved a whole chicken by cutting right down the middle. You could also butterfly it using this method.
If you have at least a 4.5 hours in advance:
- chuck several good slugs of olive oil and lemon juice into a snap lock bag.
- add into the bag a handful of chopped thyme and oregano and 1 -2 diced garlic cloves.
- also add some salt and pepper.
- close the bag and mix everything around.
- add the chicken halves, close the bag again and massage it for a bit, getting the marinade into every nook and cranny.
- leave it in the fridge for at least 2 hours (over night is better).
- preheat your oven to 160C and get the chicken out of the fridge.
- cook the chicken in an non-stick oven tray for about 2 hours.
If you don’t have time, follow this shortcut:
- chuck several good slugs of garlic infused olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl.
- add the other ingredients as above and mix with a fork.
- preheat your oven to 160C.
- massage some of the marinade into the chicken.
- cook the chicken in an oven tray for about 2 hours, turning and basting with the marinade every 30 minutes or so.
Marinated and already looking good:
Two hours at 160C:
A perfect summer’s day meal, just add salad and friends:
Here are some more chicken recipes and roasting posts:
Please consider subscribing to a weekly email summary of our posts or check us out on Facebook @growitcatchitcookit.
You can use this like button without having to log in.