It is really easy to dry a chicken out when cooking on the barbecue. This yoghurt and herb marinaded butterflied chicken won’t let that happen though 🙂
You can of course use chicken pieces for the same great result and if you don’t have any yoghurt handy you can use this recipe instead – PK’s NoRecipe Greek Butterflied Chicken Roast.
Simply take a cup of plain Greek yoghurt and add to a mixing bowl along with:
- minced garlic to taste
- freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste
- a slug of olive oil
- a splash or more of lemon juice
- a sprinkle of Italian herbs (I used a Masterfoods blend)
- a good handful of chopped parsley or celery leaves
Cover the chicken in the yoghurt marinade, getting into all the nooks and crannies. Let it sit in the fridge for half a day or so.
Tip – I take the bird out of the fridge for 10 minutes prior to barbecuing to take the chill off. You have to be careful with chicken but I also don’t want to be putting a very cold piece of meat on a hot barbecue.
I just whipped up a green salad and let everyone take what they wanted 🙂
- see all recipes using chicken here
- see more butterflied chicken posts here
- see see more NoRecipe goodness here
Please consider subscribing to get a weekly email summary of our posts.