Oh my goodness. This dish is well.. amazing. My head is spinning, I used to have a favourite pasta but now I can’t choose. 🙂
I posted about Spaghetti Aglio e Olio recently and said that upon tasting it ‘I had died and gone to heaven’. So my friend and fellow blogger, Gus, set me a new challenge in this dish.
I looked into many recipes online but you know I am a lazy cook, so I used a cheese that already had peppercorns in it. Meet Calcagno Pecorino With Black Peppercorns. The result is a moreish pasta in an emulsified sauce to die for with the peppercorns and cheese being the headline act.
You will be:
- Preparing the sauce and cheese
- Cooking the pasta
- Coating the pasta
You will need:
- Ingredients (feeds 1 hungry adult but scales well):
- ~200g freshly made spaghetti
- 2/3 cup Calcagno Pecorino – You can any aged cheese that has whole black peppercorns added prior to the aging process.
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- A good slug of olive oil
- Freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste
- Cheese grater/planer
- Chopping board
- Sauce pan
- Fry pan
- Wooden spoon
Preparing the sauce and cheese
- Gently warm the butter and oil until the butter has melted.
- Turn off the hob, letting the remaining heat keep the butter melted but not hot.
- Add some oil to the pasta water and cook the pasta al dente,
Coating the pasta
- Drain the pasta but keep some of the water in the sauce pan.
- Move the spaghetti into the now almost cool fry pan (containing the oil/butter sauce) using the tongs in small batches.
- Add cheese, stir some and repeat.
This dish needs nothing but a plate and a fork. 🙂
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please consider subscribing to a weekly email summary of our posts or check us out on Facebook @growitcatchitcookit.