This simple Vietnamese inspired salad could not be easier.
Think of it as a start though and experiment every time you make it. I have said it before, Southeast Asian flavours are hard to get “perfect” but so easy to get “tasty”. The trick is in tailoring the sauce ratios to your preferences. 🙂
Note: I marinade the beef first and then use very little in the way of sauces on the salad and noodles afterwards. Some soy sauce and I am good to go. Your options are endless though.
You will be:
- Preparing everything
- Cooking the beef strips
You will need:
- PK’s Vietnamese Beef Marinade #1
- several beef scotch fillet or eye fillet (tenderloin) steaks
- a couple of slugs of peanut oil
- a green salad of your choice (see KT’s NoRecipe Green Salad but add things like mint leaves and coriander sprigs)
- a long sharp knife
- a chopping board
- a fry pan
- a sauce pan or pot for the noodles
- a bowl to marinade the beef in
- Earlier in the day or the night before, slice the beef steaks into strips and marinade them using something like PK’s Vietnamese Beef Marinade #1.
- Pop the bowl into the fridge.
- Closer to serving time, make a yummy green salad and drizzle with a bit of vinegar.
- Pull the bowl of beef strips out of the fridge to get them to room temperature just as they are going onto the barbecue or hot plate.
Cooking the beef strips
- Chuck the noodles into a bowl of hot water and let them soften as per the instructions on the pack.
- Heat a fry pan, throw a couple of slugs of peanut oil in and start cooking the beef strips.
Take the meat off the fry pan and allow to cool some. Bring everything together and drizzle with some soy sauce.
Please consider subscribing to get a weekly email summary of our posts.
You can use this like button without having to log in.