I am always looking for meals that my lads will wolf down without complaints. I am happy to say that I can’t make enough of these baked chicken and cheese nuggets.
Let me know how you fare and there are more kid (and big kid) friendly meal links at the end of the post.
- Cutting and coating the chicken nuggets
- Cooking the nuggets
- ~600g chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Nugget coating mix:
- 1 chef’s knife
- 1 chopping board
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 baking tray, lined with baking paper
Cutting and coating the chicken nuggets
- Cut the chicken tenderloins into smallish chunks.
- Melt the 2 Tbsp butter in one of the mixing bowls.
- Add the chicken chunks and mix until the chicken is fully coated in butter.
- In the second mixing bowl combine:
- Take 1 piece of chicken at a time and:
- Put it into the bowl containing the breadcrumb mix.
- Turn it over a few times to get a good coating.
- Place it on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Pop the tray into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Cooking the nuggets
- Take the tray out of the fridge about 10 minutes before cooking.
- During that time preheat your fan-forced oven to 180C.
- Cook the nuggets for about 25 minutes aiming for them to be cooked through and a golden in colour (you could turn them over if you want mid way).
Chicken nuggets go with anything. 🙂
Here I have served them with a green salad and a generous amount of Sriracha Hot Sauce.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please consider subscribing to a weekly email summary of our posts or check us out on Facebook @growitcatchitcookit.