I have been in love with Carpaccio since I mustered the courage to try it as a teenager.
It is hard to convince people who have never tried it how sublime the flavour combination of the rocket, cheese and beef (that literally melts on your tongue) is. I beg you to try it sometime.
Note: Like any cooking, there shouldn’t be any nasty surprises when preparing and serving raw meat if you start with the best fresh ingredients and maintain good hygiene.
If you want to make your own simply:
- Purchase some quality beef eye fillet (you will want a thin slice or two per guest), asking your butcher to slice it for you want.
- Place the slices in between sheets of baking paper and flatten them with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Lay the flattened slices on a plate.s
- Garnish with rocket leaves (or another green that has some kick).
- Sprinkle with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and Jamie Oliver’s Egg Mayonnaise.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please consider subscribing to a weekly email summary of our posts or check us out on Facebook @growitcatchitcookit.