If like me you love slow cooking cuts of meat like lamb shanks and osso bucco you will love the addition of this garnish. It brings tastes of the grassy parsley, cleansing citrus flavours and then the bite of the garlic. It counters the meatiness of the slow cooked meats’ sauce perfectly.
I even love making it as its simple ingredients list looks and smells amazing.
You will need:
- Finely grated zest of one lemon
- 1 finely sliced garlic clove (small)
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Dice the pants off the parsley (this bit takes the longest).
- Chop the garlic, add it to the diced parsley and dice some more.
- Grate the lemon zest and the fold it into the garlic/parsley blend.
- Drizzle a very tiny bit of lemon juice (optional, for consistency).
PS. Thanks Hugh 🙂