It is still winter in Perth and our citrus plants are still producing loads of fruit. You know I hate to waste any precious harvest so here is another method of preserving citrus.
This cordial (I used lemons and limes) is super tasty and will last for ages in the fridge 🙂
I simply work on a 2 cups of sugar to 500mls of fresh juice and 500mls of water ratio.
- Take a couple of the lemons and or limes and zest them.
- Juice the rest.
- Chuck the zest into a saucepan along with the freshly squeezed juice, water and sugar.
- Bring everything to a gentle boil but do it very slowly and stir often to make sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Take it off the heat as soon as it boils and pour into pre-sterilised jars, straining as you go.
- Let the jars cool before you put the lids on!
- See more preserving ideas here