You won’t believe how simple this tangy roast chicken dish is to make.
All you need is lime juice, potatoes, chicken thighs and as much garlic as you can handle. Oh and a few readily available herbs and spices. 🙂
Put following ingredients into an oven dish:
- ~4 large chicken thighs, skinless (works with bone in or out)
- Peeled and chopped carrots and potatoes (see my ratio to chicken below)
- ~4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- The juice of 4 limes (or 2 lemons)
- Parsley leaves, chopped, to taste
- A good dash of a warm spice such as nutmeg or allspice
- Several slugs of olive oil (to coat everything)
Chuck the oven dish into a 180c preheated oven and cook for about an hour. Make sure the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are not underdone.
Check out the bone in version:
I mainly serve it as is but it goes great with some steamed broccoli:
Here are more chicken dishes and roasts: