A good friend of mine knocked up this simple vinaigrette for me the other day. It took a simple green salad to the next level and I suspect it will also make an excellent marinade for any meat you throw it at.
The best part is you make it the way you like, so have a little fun and experiment a bit!
Here is his rough method:
- Simply mix equal parts of balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a jam jar.
- Put on the lid and give it a good shake.
- Add a bit of Dijon or hot english mustard depending on whether you are going for a sweet or spicy taste respectively.
- Shake again and taste, adding more mustard if required.
- Add a squirt of lemon juice and shake again.
- Taste, adding more lemon juice if needed.
Then drizzle on your favourite salad.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please consider subscribing to a weekly email summary of our posts or check us out on Facebook @growitcatchitcookit.