This one is just for Dad because my kids are big into Peter Rabbit at the moment. 🙂 Rabbit soup is just as easy to make as chicken soup, especially if you use a slow cooker.
Note: Rabbit is a lean meat that makes for a very light healthy soup.
- Cut up your rabbit like so.
- Chop up your vegetables, I used onion, celery, carrot, green beans and coriander roots.
- Add some bay leaves, a sprig of thyme and a hearty slash of dry white wine.
- Throw everything into your slow cooker (medium heat) with 4 cups rabbit stock (any stock will do actually) and 4 cups water.
- Add some duck fat if you like as it helps keep the meat moist.
- Wait for 4 – 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Pull the meat off the bones (turn the latter into bone meal for a great soil improver), returning it to the slow cooker.
It just needs a bowl, some cracked pepper and crusty bread drowned in butter. 🙂
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
OUR OTHER SLOW COOKER RECIPES
Please consider subscribing to a weekly email summary of our posts or check us out on Facebook @growitcatchitcookit.
You can use this like button without having to log in.