I have to say that as a home cook, that buys meat in bulk including whole primals, I love this knife. As soon as you hold the handle you can tell it is not a general purpose kitchen knife. The grip, flexible curved blade and sharp point is suited for following the lines of bones and meats’ natural seams.
I am an awful “butcher” but this exceptionally sharp and well designed knife helps me get the job done with minimal wastage.
This is not a paid post. I bought mine online from http://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au for $31.95 AUD at my local store.
- 16cm Victorinox Swibo Curved Flexible Blade Boning Knife
- Smaller curved blade makes it the perfect partner to its heavier hitting brother the 25cm Victorinox Swibo Rigid Butchers Knife.
- Tough carbon steel perfect for slicing (Rockwell rating of 56-58).
- Holds an edge for a long time.
- Moulded nylon handle that is easy to clean and doesn’t hold meat particles.
- It comes in a plastic sleeve that I use to store it in.
- Will last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Being a novice and not having anything to compare it too I can’t find any.
Great product at a very reasonable price. Suitable for commercial environments and home butchery.
I hope this review helps you and feel free to send me any comments if you want to add to it.