You know how sometime you buy something and wonder how you survived without it to this point? The Tradeflame blow torch range is such a product. I bought the 220g Pro Heat Blow Torch Kit (see this Bunnings link) only to start charcoal chunks in my Weber Barbecue but every time I used it I had a massive smile on my face.
So I decided to see what else I could use it for. I already had a sub-par chef’s torch for cooking and this product blows it away, no pun intended. The flame’s intensity and amount of air injection can be adjusted so you can pretty much handle any task, small or large.
Here is a list of uses I found after 5 minutes googling:
- cocktails (not going to do this as I can see me in flames)
- crisping pork crackling (I have done this)
- starting charcoal barbecues (best tool ever)
- shrink wrapping eg. rubber coating your fishing sinkers so they don’t scratch the boat on the way up
- stripping paint
- stripping wires
- making s’mores (whatever they are)
- browning roast chickens (yep done this one)
- Tradeflame 220g Pro Heat Blow Torch Kit
- The instructions were well laid out, clear and listed all relevant safety information.
- Auto ignition system.
- Easy and clearly labelled adjustment for air and flame intensity.
- Comes with a gas cartridge that lasts well (website says 105 minutes) and the replacements are ~$10 AUD (at time of writing).
- Consistent flame characteristics at all times unlike my useless chef’s torch that wavers a bit and often needs refuelling mid cooking.
- Can be used inverted and that is great for BBQ use.
- Being a novice and not having anything to compare it too I can’t find any. My main concern was fuel costs but that is not a problem.
Great product at a reasonable price. Suitable for the budding pit-master that might also only have minimal handy man skills :).
Hope this helps and feel free to send me any comments.
Portable and easy to store:
Impressive flame quality and maximum length:
Hope this review helps,
- see our other product reviews here
Please consider subscribing to get a weekly email summary of our posts.