This reader submitted mushroom recipe is so good. Lorelle recommends changing the stuffing each time to keep it exciting. I love it and your guests will too. 🙂 – PK
- 4 large portabello mushrooms
- 8 slices of stale bread
- 2 Tbsp of plain flour
- 2 Tbsp of garlic chives
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- pinch of onion salt
- squirt of lemon juice
- oil for frying
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- milk for the rue
- Clean mushroom cups with damp paper towels, remove stalks, set aside.
- Blitz bread crumbs with chives and Parmesan, put in bowl.
- Whisk egg with garlic and lemon juice.
- Dip mushrooms in egg mix then crumbs.
- Deep fry till golden, set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan, then add flour, whisk until a rue has formed.
- Add some milk and continue to whisk till desired thickness, add cheese, let cool.
- Then fill mushrooms with sauce, add whatever ingredient you want to sauce, eg: prawns or chicken, place mushrooms on baking tray and grill till golden
- Serve hot with a crunchy salad or fries, yum.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MORE MUSHROOM DISHES
Please consider subscribing to a weekly email summary of our posts or check us out on Facebook @growitcatchitcookit.
You can use this like button without having to log in.