I am happy to say that this dish lives up to the hype.
The soft drink’s caramel and sugar provide a depth of flavour and also gives that sought after stickiness.
- I use bone in chicken legs as they don’t dry out and the bones give a density to the sauce
- Prep is easy and then cooking time is 6 hours.
Put following ingredients into your slow cooker:
- ~1 kg bone in chicken legs or wings
- A handful of chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp of ginger, finely diced
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 can of coca cola
Cook on low for 6 hours, turning everything over gently, halfway through.
I like to serve the sticky chicken with lots of rice and some steamed veggies.
Here are more chicken dishes and slow cooking posts: