I recently bought a refillable cooking oil sprayer.
Yes it is made out of plastic. Yes we all hate plastic but please hear me out. 🙂
I bought it because:
- I get to control the quality and source of the oil
- My one off hard plastic cost has reduced my consumption of soft plastic, metals, propellants and food transport miles going forward
- I buy my cooking oil in bulk metal cans (rather than lots of plastic or glass containers) to further reduce my use of soft plastics and other precious resources;
- My costs for cooking oil are therefore also reduced.
The questions I think we should ask of our kitchen kit is:
- Does it work as intended?
- Is it really necessary?
- Is it easy to clean?
What does it do?
The oil sprayer (mine is made by Decor) sprays a fine mist of cooking oil. Spraying oil is perfect for lightly coating cooking surfaces and food.
Easily refilled with your choice of oil:
The one I bought sprays a list mist of oil with every pump and rarely needs maintenance/cleaning. The pump mechanism and the bottle itself feel well made.
I think it is a neat bit of kitchen kit and am very happy that it reduces my dependance on disposal spray cans.
Here are some more of my reviews and kitchen kit: