I am finally getting my main garden shed in some sort of order storage-wise. It is only a small rectangular brick shed so storage efficiency is the key as is maximising the available footprint for working in.
To this end, I just bought two Romak brand shelving units that came flat packed from my local Bunnings. I am writing this post because any time a flat pack anything goes together so easily and sturdily people need to know :).
- Romak 1830 x 910 x 410mm 5 Tier Adjustable Shelving Unit ($89 AUD)
- Romak 1500 x 810 x 310mm 4 Shelf Unit ($39 AUD)
- Very good value for money considering the high quality of the product.
- The instructions were well laid out, clear and suitable even for beginners.
- The parts were labelled with letters that matched the instructions.
- A hammer or rubber mallet is the only tool (not supplied) required during assembly.
- The taller/larger units have cross braces for stability.
- The shelves, excepting the top and bottom most, are height adjustable.
- The finished unit can be easily bolted to a wall for safety.
- There is a local phone number supplied in case there are any missing parts.
- The shelves are made from particle board and I noticed a slightly poorer finish of the shelves in the cheaper unit.
The lower end of the Romak range is definitely for you if you want a cheap, quick and easy storage solution in your shed or garage. You will get a better product than you expect for the price.
I hope this review helps,
- see our other product reviews here
Please consider subscribing to get a weekly email summary of our posts.