One of my favourite meals is a thick juicy beef steak smothered in a creamy pepper sauce. I make a white wine version that makes for a mean surf and turf but this is my red wine version with green peppercorns and crème fraîche.
- Making the sauce (~15 minutes)
- 1 small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small handful of spring onions (green tops only), sliced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp green peppercorns
- 1/4 cup red wine (I used a Merlot)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tsp brandy
- 1 chef’s knife
- 1 chopping board
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 small saucepan
Making the sauce
- Chop the small handfuls of parsley and spring onion tops.
- Add to the saucepan along with the 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1 Tbsp green peppercorns and the 1/4 cup of red wine.
- Cook on low, stirring often, until the red wine has thoroughly reduced.
- Add the 1/2 cup beef stock and 1/2 cup crème fraîche.
- Mix everything well and simmer until you get the consistency you desire.
- Add 1 tsp of brandy and mix again.
I served the sauce over a pork rack replete with crackling, steamed vegetables and Yorkshire puds.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please consider subscribing to a weekly email summary of our posts or check us out on Facebook @growitcatchitcookit.