This 18v cordless drill driver is targeted at the home handy person that wants a compact yet powerful drill/screw driver combo. It is in this home use context that I am reviewing the product.
- I am reviewing the features of the brushless model and also comparing it against my old Ozito 18v Drill Driver PXDDS-200.
- This is not a paid post.
Ozito Power X Change 18V Brushless Drill Driver PXBDS-220
I love this compact yet powerful cordless drill. It is nice to not have to get my corded power drill out for 99% of the jobs around the house and garden. It weighs a mere 1.1kg (~2.42lb) and that means less fatigue if you are drilling a lot or at a funny angle or in tight spaces.
I have had my old PXDDS-200 for over 4 years and it performs as advertised every time. It never failed me, still hasn’t, and feels good in the hand. I still use it when I need two different drills bits and or a phillips head for a job and don’t want to stop to swap bits out.
This brushless drill driver impressed me as soon as I put the battery in and pressed the trigger. It felt familiar but more powerful, faster revving and stronger built.
I ran a battery length comparison against my old Ozito 18v Drill Driver PXDDS-200 by emptying a full battery in both skins. It was without any drill bits in the chuck and trigger fully depressed.
The brushless model lasted only a few minutes longer (~40 minutes) but considering it has much higher RPMs and torque than the old model I consider that quite a deal maker. By my logic you can now do more work with the same battery.
Here is the unboxing and several pictures comparing it against my old PXDDS-200 (which is always on the right).
The unit feels really good in the hand.
Here is me using the brushless drill driver to install a door seal. Note that I had the direction of rotation wrong initially but changed it easily without needing to use my other hand.
- Good looking unit that feels good in the hands thanks to rubberised grip.
- 2 speed gearbox with variable trigger
- The rotation direction switch can be operated with one hand.
- Internal gearing sounds and feels strong and the trigger gives you precise speed control.
- Sturdy metal non-keyed chuck that takes a 13mm drill bit.
- Much higher torque and RPM than previous model.
- 21 settings for driving and final setting for drilling.
- Uses a fast charging battery common to the rest of the range.
- 5 year warranty.
My Manufacturer Feedback:
- A lock on button/switch would be nice.
This is a great product at a reasonable price. Suitable for the home handy person or hobbyist that wants a quality product that doesn’t cost an arm or a leg.
I think the unit is brilliant and that is saying something as I still think highly of my old Ozito drill driver with the brushed electric motor. I don’t expect to have to use it but the 5 year warranty gives me peace of mind.
I hope this review helps. Feel free to send me any comments if you want to add to the review.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Please consider subscribing to a weekly email summary of our posts or check us out on Facebook @growitcatchitcookit.