Avocado… a common thought about Millennials is that we dip into our life savings to order lattes and smashed avo’ on toast…and whilst I do agree it tastes divine it can easily be made at home for a quarter of the price (you get to stay in your pyjamas too!)
I woke up this morning feeling like bacon (tbh who doesn’t) but didn’t have the enthusiasm to stand for ages cooking it. I was also craving a dish my mum makes so I thought why not combine the two and cut down on the cooking time while I’m at it – think crispy, buttery bacon with sautéed cherry tomatoes and spinach leaves …. perfection.
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- bunch of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoons butter
- English Muffins, halved
- 1 Avocado, mashed
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add bacon.
- Cook until browned and butter goes slightly sticky and caramelised.
- While the bacon is cooking, mash the avocado in a bowl and toast the English Muffins.
- Add baby spinach leaves to the saucepan and allow to wilt.
- Once spinach leaves have wilted add the cherry tomatoes and stir for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Spread mashed avocado across the muffins and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the bacon mixture over the top, season to taste and serve – Voilà !!
- P.S. best enjoyed with a coffee 😉
- see more Welchy posts here
You can use this like button without having to log in.