This slow cooker pulled pork recipe couldn’t get any easier! Prepare everything in the morning and you will have dinner sorted.
- Takes about 8 hours in your slow cooker.
- Adjust the amount of chili powder to taste (I use Kashmiri chilis as they are low on spice yet flavoursome and smokey).
- If you like this recipe you will love Grochow’s BBQ Pulled Pork.
Pulled pork rolls for the win:
You will be:
- Sautéing the vegetables.
- Preparing and cooking the pork.
- Pulling and serving the pork.
You will need:
- Several chopping boards
- A Chef’s knife
- A medium sized bowl
- Paper towel
- 2 forks for pulling the meat apart
- A serving dish for mixing and serving
Sauteing the vegetables
- Finely slice the 2 brown onions.
- Mince the 4 cloves of garlic.
- Turn your slow cooker to high and layer the onions and garlic, covering the base fully.
- Add the 1 cup of chicken stock and cover.
Preparing and cooking the pork
- Make a dry tub by mixing:
- 1 Tbsp ground rock salt
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp powdered kashmiri chilis
- A generous amount of Garam Masala
- Pat the pork dry with paper towel then liberally coat with the dry rub.
- Pop the pork on top of the onion and garlic bed.
- Cover and cook for about 8 hours, turning halfway through if you are home.
- Make sure the meat is cooked thoroughly and is falling apart when you pull at it with a fork.
Pulling and serving the pork
- Remove the flap of pork fat and discard.
- Pull apart the pork using the forks and place it in a serving dish.
- Bit by bit add the remaining liquid from the slow cooker, mixing as you go, to the dish until you have the consistency you desire.
- Add any extra sauces now if you want but I prefer to add condiments to the pork on a dish by dish basis.
Here are some additional slow cooker and pork recipes: